Subject: Re: Mount permissions
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/25/2000 11:11:06
> After all, if you have given someone write and search access to a
> directory they can pretty much do what they like to the contents of
> the directory,

Actually, there is something someone with wx access to a directory
can't do, that being get rid of a subdirectory they don't have (and
can't give themselves) write access to.  The most they can do, as far
as I can tell, is change the name under which the subdir appears.

I don't think this is reason enough to toss out the idea of allowing
mounts by anyone with wx access, though.  Personally I'd be inclined to
demand read access as well as write and search....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca