Subject: Re: Linux's pread(), pwrite(), getcwd() present ?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/1999 19:17:06
On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 05:26:28PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Those system calls are listed in compat/linux/i386/syscalls.master,
> but I can't find a mention about them on any from two Linux
> systems I have handy -- RH 5.1 and the second is some Debian system.
> Are they really so new ?  From what I can read in getcwd() manpage
> on those systems, it's still seems to be implemented in libc and not
> as a system call ...
> What am I missing ?

They're definitely there, just look in the Linux kernel source. If you
don't see them mentioned, that's a lack in (manpage) documentation
in those distributions. Which doesn't surprise me much, but that's
another subject..

You're right though, pread and pwrite can be directly linked to their NetBSD
kernel parts.

- Frank