Subject: Re: an in-kernel getcwd() implementation
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/08/1999 13:07:24
Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us> writes:

> (I think you confused + and * here)

Err, yes.

> the naive way of doing the directory scan looks at 1 dirent the first
> time, 2 the second, 3 the third, etc., etc., for a total of n*(n+1)/2
> entries.

Correct. I think I'll go back to my cave now ;)

--
Julian Assange          <proff@iq.org>           http://iq.org/~proff

 The mob reads confessions and notes, etc, so avidly because in their
 baseness they rejoice at the humiliations of the high and the
 weaknesses of the mighty.  Upon discovering any kind of vileness they
 are delighted.  "He's little, like us!  He's vile, like us!"  You lie,
 scoundrels: he is little and vile, but differently, not like you.

 - Alexander Pushkin