Subject: Re: "default" outgoing address
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/1999 17:59:56
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> The point of sysctl as I understand it is to support SNMP-like management
> of the machine.  Having N 'ctl' utilities with separate MIBs completely
> undermines this -- those separate MIBs should live under the sysctl MIB
> somewhere.

And while we're at it, why not make it _really_ SNMP-like, and provide
an SNMP/UDP interface so we can maybe interrogate/manage remotely?

No, I'm not volunteering to do the work - I'm afraid it is quite out of
my realm of expertise.  :(

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |