Subject: Re: PCIC driver, not interrupting?!
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/16/1998 14:51:20
In message <199811160445.XAA16735@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>  Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >The pcic driver seems to have changed, recently.
> >
> >Today I implemented changes to start kernel threads for the PCMCIA sockets
> >found, to handle insertion and removal events.  However, my PCIC isn't
> >interrupting when I insert or remove cards.
>
> FWIW, I still get a interrupts on card insertion/removal and I'm running
> a fairly current -current.

The interrupts can get lost if the irq is used by something else.
I've seen the same thing on my libretto, NetBSD picked the interrupt
reserved for the unconfigured soundcard. The bad thing is you don't know
which interrupts maybe taken and which are unavailbale even if the device
is turned of in the BIOS.

Or in one word PC-scrap :-))

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center