Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA (was Re: AdvanSys board support)
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/11/1998 17:50:52
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:25:46 -0600
 "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com> wrote:

 > I'm talking about dm_segs which is an S/G list.

We all know what you are talking about.

 > Again, I am talking about dm_segs and the bus_dmamap object.  Perhaps you
 > are not familiar with the contents of arch/include/bus.h on any NetBSD
 > platforms?  That could certainly cause a terminology problem.

Well, I can certainly assure you that I _am_ familiar with the contents
of bus.h on _every_ NetBSD platform...

I suspect it is you who are lacking in terminology.  Over and over again,
we have stated that it is NOT an "S/G list".  It is a list of DMA segments,
and there is a difference in semantics between the two!

I think you should get some experience w/ other devices (i.e. not SCSI) on
other architectures (i.e. not anything like a PC).

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939