Subject: Re: proposed: changes to "etc" (?)
To: Paul Evans <paule@shadowfax.martex.gen.oh.us>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/10/1997 10:59:12
	The idea that history is not associated with text configuration files
is completely false.  Registries, on the other hand, seem to really have no
concept of history and change logs unless the application which controls
them has a notion of history.  We have a number of text files that many
people edit around here.  We train them all to use RCS judiciously and find
that we have a good history of who did what and when.  This is one area
where text files as configuration files shine, in my opinion.
-Brian