Subject: Re: debugger on non-normal consoles...
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/27/1997 16:22:16
> The problem with this is that, on m68k machines for instance, this approach
> is not possible - I haven't seen et4000 cards with an 68k bios.

The same would be true for the Alpha or for the PowerPC.  What I was
hoping was that there might be a standard way to reset the card or
something...  Something that would at least work on (S)VGA cards
(assuming that you can tell if it's an (S)VGA card)...

> The best solution I've come up with to use myself currently is
> to use a serial port for the debugger.

Yeah--unfortunately not too handy for the average person dealing with a
single-user workstation getting kernel panics and just wanting to get a
register dump or stack trace...

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com