Subject: Re: Debugging Kernel changes.
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Marc Horowitz <marc@cygnus.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/1997 00:23:28
wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu (Bill Studenmund) writes:

>> I'm sure other folks will fill in all the details I've left out
>> (which is what I hope, so I'll learn these details :-)

Once you have ddb compiled in, Ctrl-Alt-ESC (on the i386, anyway) or a
RS232 BREAK if you're using a serial console, drops you into the
debugger.  The ddb(4) man page describes the commands you have
available.

I also make liberal use of printf's, and when desperate, I'll use gdb
on the kernel to get disassembly with symbols, and compare it to the
source code to figure out what's going on.  Danger: here there be
dragons :-)

		Marc