Subject: Preemptive Kernel Threads
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/1997 16:52:39
I need preemptive kernel threads. Unless I'm missing something these are not
implemented yet, therefore I'm going to have to implement them. Is there any
suitable locking code in the kernel? I know very little about the right way to
do locking but I am anxious to make sure I do the Right Thing, particularly
with regard to multi-processor locking. I could go and look up an algorithm in
a book, but I wouldn't know the difference between a good algorithm and a bad
one. I assume someone reading this list must have the expertise necessary to
tell me how to find a good algorithm.

Any comments?

Cheers

Rob Black