Subject: Machine hanging
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM <HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM.ofcmail@in.oracle.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/1996 16:58:13
	Iam using a 8 Mb diskless machine with swap over nfs, when Iam using a
applications that receices a lot of packets send by the server at a very high
rate the machine hangs consistently, but when I increase the values of low
water mark and  high water mark for the waking up of the pager daemon then the
application runs for the most of the times, moreover  when I run the same
application on a machine with disk ie. the swap is on the hard disk, the
machine never hangs. Any idea what could be the reason for this hangs, is it
because of some deadlock, what are the extra resources used by the kernel when
the swap is over nfs.

Harish

Harish Singh Rawat			   E-Mail : harawat@in.oracle.com
Oracle Software India Pvt. Ltd.            Voice  : +91 (80) 225 - 6098/6099
Indian Development Center ( IDC )          Fax    : +91 (80) 225 - 6207/1591
Embassy Point, 150 Infantry Road
Bangalore - 560001 India