Re: SMP related diffs.

On 26 March 2011 18:36, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> But booting a kernel with more than one vcpu enabled should not make
> it panic (it does not right now).

Yep, that was quirky - UP assumes that a simple_lock is held by
default, and I was KASSERT()ing for otherwise.

> dom0 is always booted with all
> vcpus enabled, for example.

Noted, thanks. This information helped me settle on a this
implementation for CPU probing:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/cherry/tmp/port-xen/breakout/hypervisor.c.diff
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/cherry/tmp/port-xen/breakout/vcpu_match.txt

Doesn't require mucking with xenstore either, which is good.

Cheers,
--
~Cherry