Port-sun3 archive

Re: Kernel config for Sun 3/50

Thanks!

1.1m is as small as I've been able to go. This is smaller than my
SunOS kernel which made me curious.

Sun-3 Architecture manual
(http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/sun/sun3/Sun-3_Architecture_Manual_Ver_1.0_Jan85.pdf)
states:

        Main memory shadowes video, memory in the range of physical addresses
        starting at 1 megabytes and extending for 128 kilobytes. This
area of main memory
        is called the copy region. If the copy enable bit in the
system enable register is
        set then data written into this copy region is also written
into the video memory at
        the same location within the 128K region. A read from the copy
region returns the
        data in main memory and does not affect the video memory

This would seem to indicate that if I'm not using the framebuffer
(which I am not) I could comment out the Sun 3/50 size check. I'll
give it a try over the weekend.