Port-sun3 archive

Re: Booting Sun3/50 Diskless from Serving PC

David,

I have been trying to get my Sun3/50 with 4M memory, 10Base2 ethernet, and diskless to boot from my equally old PC running
NetBSD3.1

I see the Sun3 rarp and get an IP address
then I see Sun3 grab the netboot file from my PC /tftpboot/C0A80264 (aka netboot)
and begin executing
Next I see some RPC calls being responded to by rpc.bootparamd where it asked for its name, the gateway address (I have it set to 192.168.0.21 the IP address of another NIC in this machine)
Then I see on my PC a request for root path

On the Sun3 I see the following:
>> Netbsd/Sun3 netboot [1.12]
using IP address 192.168.2.100 = C0A80264
netboot: try netbsd
netboot: trying netbsd.old
open netbsd.old: no such file or directory
netboot: trying netbsd.sun3
open netbsd.old: no such file or directory
filename? [netbsd]:
netboot: netbsd: loadfile failed.

my export directory has the following:
/export/sun350/root/netbsd.gz       <--- sun3 kernel
/export/sun350/swap                     <--- 8 Mbyte swap file
/export/sun350/usr <--- I'm getting a complaint from mountd about these two /export/sun350/home <--- I'm getting a complaint from mountd about these two

Can you see from these cryptic notes where things are going astray?
I think I'm almost there but I'm stumped at the moment.

Thanks,
David
Birmingham, AL