Subject: Re: wired entry count problem on sun3x pmap
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/05/2006 22:29:40
I wrote:

> Unfortunately, after ~15 hours build on pkgsrc/lang/perl5
> my 3/80 still got "panic: get_c_table: out of C tables." panic.
> I'll try to see if it's caused by real shortage (by fragments)
> or other leakage.

I added some debug printf()s on C table shortage, and then
more than a half of tables look still unused on the panic.
So it looks the TAILQ structure corruption.
Actually, the panic sometime happened during bootstrap,
right after ntpd was started. (mlockall() might trigger it?)

I wonder if we have to protect these TAILQ ops against A, B and C
tables by splvm()/splx() pairs... Comments?
---
Izumi Tsutsui