Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 Ham Radio.
To: Alan Pearson <pearsona@altavista.net>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@baymoo.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/31/2001 01:49:58
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Alan Pearson wrote:

> I was wondering how NetBSD shapes upto the world of AX25, as I would like to
> use this machine as an AX25 sort of router for HAM packet radio.
> Not sure quite what yet, but silly questions here they are.

I'd love to say that NetBSD is the most wonderful OS for AX25 support, but
then I'd be lying.  As it stands NetBSD has no AX25 support.  So although
it certainly does make your Sun 3/50 usable in many ways, it doesn't make
it a very good AX25 router.  AX25 support was something I was dreaming of
implementing for all the BSDs, but I sorely lack the time to do it these
days.  I haven't heard much of anyone else doing it either.

Conclusion?  Run linux for AX25 support if that's what you need.
Otherwise, NetBSD is a good choice.

-J