Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 crash after netboot.
To: None <bicknell@ufp.org, port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <jwbirdsa@picarefy.picarefy.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/22/2001 01:30:24
   I have a 3/50 with a similar memory expansion that I was running
diskless for some time. Usually, if the memory expansion isn't seated
correctly, you'll get memory errors. In this case, I would be tempted
to ask: 1) does the default build of the NetBSD user world expect a
68881/2 to be present, and 2) does your 3/50 actually have one? I've
never tried running NetBSD on a coprocessor-less unit.

   Incidentally, NetBSD running diskless on a machine with only 8M is
unusable. A simple "ps -aux" requires four or five minutes of solid
network activity before producing any output, for example. It's definitely
a memory-shortage problem because NetBSD is perfectly happy running
diskless on machines with 16M.

   --James B.