Subject: Re: Sun 3/50 Ham Radio.
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Alan Pearson <pearsona@altavista.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/12/2001 18:36:35
no, very surpisingly it runs with little or no swapping ( I use fvwm2 as my
window manager). I ran X on a 386 with 4M recently, and it thrashed like hell.
8Mb was fine though.

I think it was something to do with the way this X is compiled...no unnessary
stuff, it seems a lot more compact. It was the X dist. for NetBsd/Sun3 on the
netbsd site.

As for finding a new machine, sure I could look, but this was free, and I want
to use it for something...... I could of course build a 386/486 box, but where
is the fun in that ! :-)

Thanks for all your help !

ALan