Subject: Sun 3/50 Ham Radio.
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Pearson <pearsona@altavista.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/12/2001 06:13:42
Hi folks,
Got a sun3 given to me a week or so ago and got NetBSD and Xwindows working on
it
after some hassle. It is an unexpanded beast (4Mb) with no local disk (yet, I
have the box and cables etc..).

I was wondering how NetBSD shapes upto the world of AX25, as I would like to
use this machine as an AX25 sort of router for HAM packet radio.
Not sure quite what yet, but silly questions here they are.

1) Does NETBSD support the sun serial ports ok ??
2) Is their an AX25 implementation for NetBsd ?
3) Should I try and shove linux onto it instead (boo hiss i hear you say)?
4) If I install linux can I complile any app I have the source code for on the
sun3 (mostly AX25 utils etc...)

many thanks for all your help !

Alan P