Subject: Installation via NFS/Netboot
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Ben <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/03/2001 14:28:44
Hi folks,

I have got a netboot setup running with my Sun 3/80.

I am trying to install NetBSD onto a local hard disk instead of having
to boot over the network everytime. Unfortunately, the link between
netboot and installation is not very clear in the installation notes.
I see miniroot mentioned a number of times but is miniroot a part of
netboot or is it in place of netboot?

Also is there a script that I can execute over the netbooted OS so
that a local drive can be partitioned and the necessary tgz
distributions extracted onto the local drive and partitions?

Thanks.

Ben