Subject: Re: Sun 3/80
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@asim.lip6.fr>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/18/2000 18:14:56
On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 05:24:55PM +0100, Pållen wrote:
> Yes, but I have to activate the serial console, and I can't do that
> without a monitor I guess. I soldered an adapter for a vga monitor but it
> doesn't seem to work. I'll take the framebuffer to uni tomorrow and test
> it in another 3/80... I do have a keyboard and mouse.

If the 3/80 works like others Suns, when it's powered on without keyboard
and monitor it'll switch automatically to port ttya.
Maybe you'll have to set the diag switch to 'on' (on my 3/60 it's a switch
on the back pannel marked 'diag'). This worked for my 3/60, and for every
sparc I tried (from sparc1 to Ultra/5), so I can't see why it wouldn't
work with a 3/80.