Subject: Re: Sun 3/80
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: J. Scott Kasten <jsk@titan.tetracon-eng.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/18/2000 11:25:55
Your monitor will probably have to either be a Sun Mono, or
a color monitor capable of sync on green.  (Not all are.)

I sometimes use a 17" color Sun-Sony unit borowwed from another
box.  Check the Sun NVRAM FAQ at www.sunhelp.com for a byte for
byte layout of what's in the nvram.

From that doc:

q 1f<enter>
10<enter>
<ctr-d><enter>

k 2<enter>

That should set your console to serial A.
Putting 00 at location 58 should set it to 9600 baud.
Putting 00 at location 5B should set it to use HW handshake.

Goog luck!

--
J. Scott Kasten

jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"I'm a .signature virus.  Please copy me
 into your ~/.signature to help me spread!"