Subject: Re: 1.4.2 release candidate is up for ftp.....YEAH!
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/08/2000 09:42:43
> IMPORTANT!! If you install this onto a machine running 1.4M, 1.4P, or
> 1.4<letter>, it is probably going to downgrade your machine.
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3/snapshot/1.4.2/

Great!  I await with baited breath... or something like that...(:+}}...

I will load it up tonight, and see if my dinosaur VME crates can
breaketh it goode!

> (Note to those who have been running dated snapshots: 1.4.2 is a formal

Dated, he sez.....(:+\\...

Don't laugh.... but after a year of pfutzing around, I finally got a
working NetBSD up on one of my VME crates (3/260).  It is NetBSD-1.1A.
Everything after that dies in the scsi area.  Polling is slow, but the
polling to completion then interrupt seems to work fine.

I am rubbing a big rabbit's foot for this new 1.4.2.

> I need help testing this. I'm doing eight (yes, 8!) arches for 1.4.2 and
> do not have enough time (nor hardware variety) to test everything.

I am running a download now.  IFF anyone can break it, ..... I can...(:+\\...

> Please, everyone who can try these out, do so and send me private email
> (toddpw@best.com) with your success stories so I can make sure everything
> works for at least one person before it goes up in the main 1.4.2 directory.
> I'll send out another email when I have everything checked off.

How specifically do you want it thrashed?

First I will try a tape load, then a miniroot/swap load, then, if I can
get my other suns set up right, a netboot, then kernel, and if it gets
that far, I will be a veddy happie camper!.

I'll get back tomorrow.

Thanks, Todd....

Bob