Subject: Re: TCP problems resolved
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/29/1999 03:57:00
rfc1323  conflicts with  rfc1144  (vj compression)

I recommend that you add this to the ppp options file:
novj    # ppp options no jv compression

 or  add this sysctl to every client to disable rfc1323
/etc/netstart.local
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

nojv on the router is the best solution if more than one machine is
involved.

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 7:16 PM, David Brownlee <mailto:abs@netbsd.org> wrote:
>	I could understand lower performance, but connections failing
>	altogether points at something more sinister (broken).
>
>		David/absolute
>
>On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, John Hawkinson wrote:
>
>> In message <Pine.NEB.4.21.9912290037180.284-100000@oblivion.mono.org>,
David Br
>> ownlee writes:
>> >	Is it possible for someone to tcpdump a session with and without
>> >	net.inet.tcp.rfc1323 and send-pr the result (assuming they have
>> >	the problem with rfc1323 enabled :)
>> >
>> >	That we we could get a tcp guru to look at it :)
>>
>> I presumed this was just the "rfc1323 doesn't play nice with header
>> compression" problem. Is this something more?
>>
>> --jhawk

  " Stamp out root login's .  .  .  . su "
    --Bruce Anderson  Computer Programming/Networking
      Student DCTC