Subject: Re: Sun3/80 "Unknown error; help!"
To: Gnea <gnea@rochester.rr.com>
From: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/20/1999 01:24:58
On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Gnea wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Marc Schneiders wrote:

[...]

> > 2. Is there a problem with the swap? Although I had the idea there was an
> > error here in the HOWTO (file /export/client/swap next to a directory
> > /export/client/root/swap (??), with both /etc/exports on server and
> > /etc/fstab on client pointing to the file for swap), I did it exactly as
> printed
> > there.
>
> there shouldn't be, altho i'm not entirely sure why you have 2 swap files.. one
> should be all you need and it shouldn't be located in the root directory on the
> nfs server side or perhaps that wouldn't matter.. so have either
> /export/client/swap OR /export/client/root/swap but not both.. might want to experiment with
> both and see what you get..

Thank you for the suggestion to experiment with the swap! It wasn't really
necessary, but, ehhh, well, it made me discover a tiny typo ("." for ",")
in /etc/fstab. That solved all.

Apologies for taking your time here needlessly.

The Diskless FAQ is really great! Thanks for it.

[...]

Marc Schneiders
marc@oldserver.demon.nl