Subject: Re: Sun 3/80 installation woes
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Allan Kelly <akelly@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/31/1999 15:17:32
On Mon, 31 May 1999, Christos Zoulas wrote:

>In article <19990531075046.A769@badmofo.csis.gvsu.edu> bingm@stream.csis.gvsu.edu writes:
>>
>>I originally tried the knfsd from linux 2.2.9, which uses NFSv2, but
>>netbsd-ramdisk3x only speaks NFSv3. So, I tried linux 2.2.5 with
>>NFSv3 support and I keep getting the "file too big" error message
>>with every read() call. I assume this is because of the alpha state
>>of the linux NFSv3 server.
>>

>>From what I hear there is a problem with NFS in redhat 6.0. Although
>it says I am a v3 server, it does not understand the v3 protocol
>correctly. Can you make it only talk v2?
>
>christos

Actually, the problem appears to be that mountd is v3, but knfsd is v2. The
knfsd source includes v3 stuf, but it's not compiled in. All my NFS mounts were
broken as a result, eg SunOS 5.6 tries to use v3 and fails unless you give it
the '-o vers=2' option to mount_nfs.

al.

--
/* Allan.Kelly@ed.ac.uk. .   . .     . .           http://edina.ed.ac.uk
 * Software Engineer       *     . .     .    . .     Edina Data Library