Subject: Possible fix for Netscape Motif problem
From: International Man of Mystery <wcooley@nakedape.navi.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/27/1999 09:44:37
I haven't tried it yet, although it seems like the necessary fix for the
problem many of us are having with Netscape producing lots of irritating
Motif errors.  While this doesn't exactly fix the problem, it seems like
it will make is be less irritating.

I cannot test this until Monday, when I return to work, but I thought
others might be interested in knowing sooner.

http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/4.5/relnotes/unix-4.51.html

> If you receive Motif warnings that appear as dialog boxes, you can send
> those warnings to the command line instead by adding these lines to the
> file ~/.Xresources:
>
>     Netscape*useStdoutDialog:       False
>     Netscape*useStderrDialog:       False

Good Luck!

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                             Naked Ape Consulting
wcooley@nakedape.navi.net                http://nakedape.navi.net

   Internet Meta-Resources: http://nakedape.navi.net/meta-res/
	       "All the Net you need to be a geek."

It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to
mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics and chemistry.
		-- H.L. Mencken