Subject: Re: NFS & netboot...
To: Allan Kelly <akelly@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
From: International Man of Mystery <wcooley@nakedape.navi.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/19/1999 23:59:45
On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Allan Kelly wrote:

> recap: I'm attempting to 'Xkernel' NetBSD onto a Sun3/60 (and today a
> 4/25 aka ELC) from a Linux box. I have this working with Sun binaries,
> but I'd much rather use NetBSD-Sun3 binaries.

I manually copied 1.3.2 binaries into the Xkernel tree, until I had all
the ones needed.  I didn't recompile anything statically, I just copied
over the libraries and binaries, so its about 8 MBs rather than 4.  It
also only has the 1.3.2 GENERIC kernel.  I'm not sure if I want to try to
compile a kernel on a 3/60--I've done it on a DECstation 3100, and I know
how long it takes.

I can make this available if anyone wants to try it.  I didn't do a very
thorough job to configuring or testing.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                             Naked Ape Consulting
wcooley@nakedape.navi.net                http://nakedape.navi.net

   Internet Meta-Resources: http://nakedape.navi.net/meta-res/
	       "All the Net you need to be a geek."

Mencken and Nathan's Sixteenth Law of The Average American:
	Milking a cow is an operation demanding a special talent that
	is possessed only by yokels, and no person born in a large city can
	never hope to acquire it.