Subject: NetBSD installation ?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: John P.Looney <valen@redbrick.dcu.ie>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/16/1998 13:48:04
 Hi...I don't know are there many people still on this list, but..

 I have an old Sun3/50 (is there such a thing as a new one), and want to
stick an OS on it. NetBSD looks good, but i've no idea how to go about
it...are there installation instructions off www.netbsd.org ?

 Also, seeing as the machine has no CD/floppy, can it be installed from a
another machine (Hurd allows an untarring of a tarfile from a linux box),
or will I have to download everything,and make a bootable CD, and then
scavenge a SCSI CD ?

John

--
'As my grandmother used to say, as she worked away on her spinning wheel,
"Those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it, especially if