Subject: pid 3 killed: no floating point support
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <signal@shreve.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/30/1998 19:56:46
I am still having problems installing NetBSD on my 3/50.

netboot works
loads netbsd-rd kernel
I answer the questions:

root device (default md0a): md0
dump device (default md0b): md0
file system (default ffs): ffs
root on md0a dumps on md0b
WARNING: clock gained 293 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

then I get the Welcome message.  But at the end of the message is this:

To view this message again, type: cat /.welcome
pid 3 killed: no floating point support

and it just locks, I can do nothing except L1-A.

Does anyone know what this could be?  My 3/50 is not reporting a FPU, is
one required?  Does anyone know what may be the matter?

Brian

Brian Feeny (BF304)   | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net     | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109   | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1