Subject: Re: What are you using Sun3's for
To: Brian <signal@shreve.net>
From: Richard Ingram <rji@bristol.st.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/29/1998 11:34:18
Well I'm using mine just for hacking's (ie networking) sake and to drop sunOS4
from the box, spent many a night getting everything installed - only to install
the latest version a month or so later, ideally I want to get X running on it
and put it in the network with my other boxes (sparc5/Linux, Mips Magnum/Linux,
Dual PPro/Linux). My next project is to get a cross compiler build system
working on the Linux box so I can build X in less than 24hrs!

Talking of X I could never get the pre built binaries to work - anyone else
ever have this problem ?

Richard.

PS Sun 3/60 Colour 16MB NetBSD 1.3.x - x changing ;-)