Subject: What are you using Sun3's for
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <signal@shreve.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/28/1998 13:23:42
I was just curious what types of things you all are using your Sun3/netbsd
systems for?

I have plans (once mine is up and running) to just use it to hack around
on, but perhaps some of you use these in production?

I have a big scary box, I think its a 511 or 611 case, and it has a tape
drive and hard drive in it, and I have to see if those work, hopefully
they will.

I have a DB50 cable going from my Sun3/50 to the 611, and then the 611 has
a SCSI out that is not terminated.  Do you think it will work without the
terminator or had I better try and track down a db50 scsi terminator?  I
hope I can find one for cheap.

My other route, is to just run a diskless config and use an xkernel.  I
suppose black and white xwindows is good for running an xterm session and
that's about it? :)

Brian

Brian Feeny (BF304)   | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net     | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109   | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1