Subject: Re: FW: Question/Help?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/21/1998 00:59:34
At 04:18 PM 10/20/98 -0700, David Brownlee wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Robert D. Keys wrote:
>> I have the Sun 3 keyboard but the Hitachi color monitor seems to be dead,
>> so I use a PS/2 Model 25 running Kermit as its remote serial vt-100
>> console.  It is a little crude, but it works.  When I am done with
>> getting the machine going, its only use will be as my home server,
>> so I probably don't need the big Sun workstation style monitor.
>>
>	Sounds reasonable - I'm similarly without monitor and using a
>	serial terminal (my psion5 usually :)

Here's a question about Sun monitors:

I've got two monitors, a 19" mono and a 19" greyscale w/ 13W3 connector.

Both monitors are now failing in the same way: the picture has gone off to
the right and wrapped around the screen. About half the picture has not gone
offscreen and wrapped.

Needless to say this makes the monitor so hard to use that it's not really
worth it. I tried adjusting the mono so that the picture was back onscreen
but couldn't quite get it. I haven't tried the greyscale yet.

Any ideas on what causes these problems? It happened all of a sudden. The
mono developed the problem over a couple of days and the greyscale showed
the problem when I cut it on last week.

Did something blow? Can it be fixed? I'd hate to lose the greyscale at
least, it's my best monitor (save the 17" one on my 486).

Thanks guys.
--
Kevin P. Neal                          http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/

'You know, I think I can hear the machine screaming from here... \
"help me! hellpp meeeee!"' - Heather Flanagan, 14:52:23 Wed Jun 10 1998