Subject: Old goop looking for a good home
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/20/1998 22:58:46
I've got more old computer stuff than space to keep it in.  Thus, I'm
getting rid of the following equipment.  Anyone can have it, on only
two conditions:
	- You pick it up
	- I never have to see it again
If it isn't gone fairly soon (by the end of the month, roughly) this
stuff will have anything small that looks useful ripped out (socketed
chips, etc) and then thrown in the trash.  Most of it is Sun-3 stuff,
hence this list.

"You pick it up" from my place, which is downtownish Montreal (de
l'Esplanade just south of Mont-Royal - for those who don't know it,
l'Esplanade is a block or two east of du Parc at this point).  If you
don't know where Montreal is, it's probably not somewhere you can pick
stuff up. :-)

Here's what's in the pile:

- A Vision 2200 terminal from which the keyboard, power supply, and CPU
  board have been removed (ie, just the case and video electronics)

- Two 1152x900 black-&-white Sun monitors, the 21-inch size with the
  DB-9 connector (the sort the Sun-3/50 and Sun-3/60 use).  Neither one
  works fully (one displays nothing but black, the other's black level
  is not fully black, leading to a "background fog" appearance), but a
  decent monitor service tech could likely turn the two into one
  working monitor and some spare parts.  I can throw in video cables
  suitable for connecting these to -3/50 and -3/60 CPUs.

- Three Sun-3/50 CPU boards, two of which have cases around them.  I
  think they all did something working-looking when last powered up,
  but am not sure, and definitely haven't tested, for example, the SCSI
  or Ethernet interfaces.  I'm fairly sure both the cases' power
  supplies work, but haven't tested those either.

- A DEC LN03 printer.  This too doesn't work; if I recall correctly, it
  worked when it was taken out of service years ago, but now it fails
  its selftest and displays one of its "I want service" codes.  I have
  no manuals, but do have two toner cartridges supposedly suitable for
  it that I'll throw in.

- An old Sun disk controller board, 501-1154.  One list I have calls
  this a "Xylogics 450 SMD controller, Multibus in Multibus-VME
  converter".  I have no cables to connect it to anything (or at least
  if I do I have no clue where they are :-).

Anyone interested in any of this stuff, drop me email and we'll arrange
a time....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca