Subject: Re: FW: Question/Help?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/06/1998 16:22:46
> [...Maxtor and Quantum drives...low-level format...]

I know essentially nothing about doing low-level format from SunOS.
I've stayed completely away from FORMAT UNIT operations, except for
disks that would otherwise be total write-off losses...so I can't help
much there.

If it's just a matter of the label, yeah, sunlabel may help.  As for
where to get it...well, AFAIK it's not up for ftp or similar anywhere.
I'll be happy to mail you a copy if you want.  But if NetBSD can't
read/write the first sector of the c partition, it's of no use.  Try
"dd if=/dev/rsdNc of=/dev/null bs=1" (for some appropriate value of N)
and see if you get 1+0 or 0+0 from dd....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca