Subject: Re: FW: Question/Help?
To: Robert D. Keys <bsdbob@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/05/1998 14:54:40
Robert,

Wild question, is the box brown?  It sounds like you have the same setup as
I do!  The 3/160 I have is in two boxes, one with a 12 unit card cage and a
separate box with a large Fujitsu SMD disk.  Sorry thing is I understand
that NetBSD does not support the SMD yet.  Also if your SCSI board is a Sun
2 then for sure it is a "SE" and will not work right now.  Der Mouse was
working on a kernel patch for the SE and passed it to a number of people
including me to continue working on but I have yet to get it running.  You
can email him and get a copy.  You can contact  some of the surplus places
and most likely get a SI controller for about $50 bucks.  If not I might
know someone in the San Francisco area who could sell you one.  If you have
a Carrera CPU it has ethernet controller built in and you could netboot it.

Rick