Subject: Re: FW: Question/Help?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Robert D. Keys <bsdbob@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/05/1998 17:08:00
> Robert,
>
> Is the SCSI VME card in the 3/110 a "SE" or a "SI"?  Both will work with
> SunOS but only the "SI" will work with NetBSD right now.
>
> Rick

Good question.   The scsi board came out of a 3/160 that I got for
spare parts (nuked cpu ram).  It keyed out as a sun3 controller on
the sun hardware faqs, but, I am not really sure.  It keyed out as
a 501-1236 Sun 3 SCSI controller.  On boot, SunOS sends back a
message that it is accessing xxxx_sc controller, if memory is
correcto today, or something ``sc'' in it.  The board itself
has a small pc board about 6 x 9 inches (not multibus) on it as
the actual controller, but it has Sun markings on it rather than
OEM markings.  I did not take it to be a multibus board in the
multibus to vme adapter.

I can check for other markings tonight, but that is all I remember
from memory.

Is it perchance a Sun 2 board instead?

Bob