Subject: Re: can't build new kernel, et al.
To: Kevin Yungsun Kim <kykim@access.digex.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/03/1997 10:44:35
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Kevin Yungsun Kim wrote:

> >From /usr/src/sys, I tried a "make" and had problems in "stand/libsa"
> The function panic() in panic.c has a different declaration that the
> one in /usr/src/sys/lib/libsa/stand.h

Uh...this has nothing to do with compiling a kernel. The kernel is
done with config and then a make depend && make in ../compile/MYKERNEL.

> So, at this point I decided just to try and configure a new kernel.
> Just as a test, decide to rebuild the GENERIC kernel.  But when
> I typed "config GENERIC", I got a bunch of errors along the likes of
> 	../../../conf/files: 312  syntax error

Compile up a newer verison of config, first.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates