Subject: FPA board support
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Trebisky <tom@kofa.as.arizona.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/15/1997 10:06:13
I am in the progress of transforming my old faithful 3/160 system
into a 3/260 system.  (having acquired some new pieces).  One of the
new pieces is a sun FPA (floating point accelerator).  I don't see
any evidence of support for the FPA, at least in 1.2.

Anyone have any other ideas or info on getting the FPA to fly under
NetBSD.  Should I go ahead and have a whack at it myself?
Some of the sun fpa support binaries should run in emulation mode
I expect (like fpa_download that loads microcode into the fpa).

	Tom
--
	Tom Trebisky			Steward Observatory
	ttrebisky@as.arizona.edu	University of Arizona