Subject: Re: sun3x crash
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/24/1997 15:28:45
On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, der Mouse wrote:

> esp0: illegal command: 0x1 (state 4, phase 7, prevphase 3)

> Is this simply the known flakiness of the sun3x esp when used with
> multiple targets?  (I intend to move everything to the disk that's
> currently sd1....)

It could be that your only problem is the ESP reselect bug, but your
description of the le0 errors has me wondering if there is something more.

In any case, the kernel on the ftp site doesn't have target reselection
disabled.  If you can compile a kernel, try adding these flags to the esp
configuration line:

esp0 at obio0 addr 0x66000000 ipl 2 flags 0xff0f

That will disable disconnect/reselect for the first four SCSI targets.

I'll put an updated kernel on the ftp site too.

-J