Subject: Re: trouble with keyboard on X11R6.3
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/17/1997 13:00:20
der Mouse  <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> writes:

  > As someone who regularly uses X with type-3 keyboards on NetBSD/sun3....
  >> Thank You for precompiled X11R6.3 binaries for sun3.
  >> This is great job, but I have some small trobles with keyboard and
  >> XKB-server.  Doesn't work autorepeat on any key.

  > You need a server built with

  > #define XkbServerDefines -DXKB_ALWAYS_USES_SOFT_REPEAT

  > in NetBSD.cf, or equivalent.  Ian?

Running with -ko (I think, from memory) turns off the attempted
auto-repeat problem. I really haven't taken the time to understand
what the kbd extension is all about, but I presume, with a suitable
type3 keyboard definition would somehow enable the autorepeat stuff. I
don't know exactly what the build option does but -ko works for me.

Does anyone want to have a go at a type3 keyboard definition?

Ian