Subject: Re: Ian's Xkernel
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan DeKok <aland@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/15/1997 14:48:42
hugh@mimosa.com ("D. Hugh Redelmeier") writes:

  > I'm typing this on my Sun 3/60, running Ian's Xkernel.  Thanks Ian and
  > Curt!

  I've installed it on my 3/60, too, and it works quite well.  However,
when I tried to use the same image on my 3/50 (no FPU), I got a ream
of 'Illegal Instruction' messages on the console.

  The SunOS based Xkernel worked fine, so I'm assuming there's no floating
point emulation in the NetBSD version of the Xkernel.  Is there any way
to fix this?  I'm looking to give my Arts-student roommates Xterms &
net access, and wean them away from Windows for Everything.

  Alan DeKok.