Subject: Re: Sun 3 X11R6.3 Binaries and Xkernel Now Available
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG, scotte@warped.com>
From: "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh@mimosa.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/08/1997 22:39:32
Joke: This food's bad, and there's not enough of it.

Modification of joke: these binaries are bad, and there's too much of
them.

I don't know if they are bad -- I'm just assuming Scott Ellis is
right.  Scott: have you tried the binaries to see if they actually work?

I just did a "tar tzvf X11-R6.3-sun3.tar.gz" and found a lot of very
big files.  I guess that X without shared libraries isn't too
affordable.

Three files were above 25,000,000 bytes.  Eleven more were above
10,000,000 bytes.  Another 55 were above 2,000,000.  It seems funny to
me that all this fits in a tar.gz file of 8,329,385 bytes.  Are there
"holes" (unallocated blocks) in these files?

I wish to thank Ian for creating these files and Curt for making them
available.  I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Hugh Redelmeier
hugh@mimosa.com  voice: +1 416 482-8253