Subject: Re: -current sun3x
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/10/1997 19:04:33
Jeremy Cooper said:

>Is or has anyone been using the -current sun3x port?  I'd like to get some
>rigorous testing and reports out of a wide variety of users so we can know
>what needs fixing/improvement.  I know one of the hassles about using
>-current is that you have to compile everything on your own.  If I was to
>provide a pre-compiled -current kernel on a semi-regular basis, would
>anyone be interested?

A precompiled distribution would be even better. :-)

I have a Sun 3/80 running SunOS 4.1.1 that really needs a new OS.

I hope to remove the 4.1.1 disks and just connect up a 1 gig SCSI disk to
the external SCSI, and load over the net.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com