Subject: Re: 3/60 VME??
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Little <gaijin@doemail.sbi.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/06/1996 09:31:32
%
% It's like a one-slot VME cardcage, and in fact I think that may be
% almost what it is - though with only one slot, the only thing there's
% any use for is power, and indeed only one of the three connectors is
% present (in the ones I've seen, at least).
%

   That's pretty much what it is. You can slide a 3/50 or 3/60 CPU into
   a "normal" VME bus chassis (ie:- 3/160, 4/260) and it will work
   quite happily (although it obviously will not be able to "talk" to
   anything else on the VME).

   The 3/75 used basically the same chassis as the pre-dimple 3/50, but
   with a two slot VME. The (3/160) CPU went into one slot and memory,
   or a combined memory/SCSI into the second.

 |           John Little          |    Salomon Brothers Asia Limited   |
 |       gaijin@japan.sbi.com     |        Business Technology         |
 |        Japan 03-5574-5296      |       2-20. Akasaka 5-Chome,       |
 |         FAX 03-5574-5585       |     Minato-ku, Tokyo 107, Japan    |