Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 problems
To: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/20/1996 02:12:01
Curt Sampson said:

>> Another minor question.  When I bring up X11R6, xconsole comes up with
>> the message "can't open console".
>
>Hmm. Gordon, do you think we should perhaps just make `options UCONSOLE'
>the default in the GENERIC kernel? :-)

I guess that's another reason for me to get the complete beta release
installed, as well as the kernel sources so that I can build a new
kernel.

My temporary fix, as root, was to chown the console to myself.

Another problem has cropped up.  When I use the mouse and ctrl to
pull down the xterm menus I get:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-is
o8859-*" to type FontStruct

This, of course, leaves an open white space on the X display that xrefresh
won't cure.  I haven't seen this with Xfree86 on NetBSD or X11R6 on SunOS.

Other than that I'm getting a nice 1152x900 display from the cg4.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com