Subject: vmapbuf() in vm_machdep.c is dodgy...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Newton <newton@cleese.apana.org.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 09/10/1996 00:14:29
I've been doing some looking in to the "everything dumps core" bug on
Sun-3 NetBSD and have a (possibly, but not necessarily) related issue
to raise.

Is there any compelling reason why the vmapbuf() routine XXX'ed with
the text, "This implementation is a total crock," shouldn't be replaced
with the (apparently rewritten drop-in replacement) version from the
Amiga, Atari or Mac68k ports?  I'm not suggesting this this'll stop
"everything dumps core," but it's probably worthwhile as a general
code improvement...

[ it works with my kernel, btw, in case anyone was wondering ]

     - mark

I tried an internal modem,                newton@cleese.apana.org.au
     but it hurt when I walked.                          Mark Newton
----- Voice: +61-8-3732429 --------------- Data: +61-8-3736006 -----