Subject: Infamous Getty problem revisited
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris. Rupnik <chrisr@hp817.speedware.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/23/1996 22:58:00
Hi

 I have a sun3 that is attempting to netboot off another machine. When the
 machine boots, i am getting the getty respawning too fast message.

 Now, I used to have this problem and it was always solved by rebuilding
 the /dev files. Once that was done, the machine would then reboot fine.

 However, after changing the permission on the /usr mounted directory
 by mistake on the other machine, now rebuilding the /dev files
 do no good. The machine is a 3/60 booting the following kernel

  what netbsd
  netbsd
	  NetBSD 1.1 (GENERIC) #24: Thu Dec 14 13:52:07 EST 1995
  sparc#

 I have read through the digests, and this problem has been popping
 up and out several times. Is this a problem that is fixed in the
 latest
 version, and all i need to do is upgrade?

 Thanks for any input!

 Chris