Subject: Re: Netboot sucessful!!!...sort of....
To: David Graff <phlat@netime.com>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/03/1996 11:06:38
On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, David Graff wrote:

> > [make sure /sbin/init is world-executable ]
>
> I don't think that this is "relavent" as the only thing that I think that
> netbsd's boot kernel understands is the  small pile of packages that come
> with it...i'll give it a shot and see what happens if I see a need to.

It is revlevant actually.  At the point in the boot process where you
are, the kernel has just been loaded into memory and is preparing to
mount (or may have already suceeded in mounting) the root file system and
executing /sbin/init - the first true user process.  The packages come a
little later.

-J