Subject: Yes, a Sun3/80 port is commencing
To: None <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/16/1996 10:57:40
> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 17:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>

> As a few people already know, I'm hoping to head the Sun3x port.

Actually, I have a Sun3/80 now (as of yesterday 8^) and given that
I am currently the maintainer of sys/arch/sun3, it would make sense
to leave me with the role of integrating Sun3/80 support into the
source tree.  If things get to the point where you are sending me
more code than I can keep up with, then we can see about getting
you direct access.  Have you tried to build a boot program yet?

I was not planning to announce the commencement of work on the
Sun3/80 port, because such early announcements tend to generate
lots of e-mail questions at a point where it is hard to make use
of much help.  I'll post something when we have the kernel up to
the point of trying to configure devices.  At that point, it is
usually possible to involve other people (i.e. for drivers).

Gordon Ross